Folders added to the Dock on Leopard machines do not behave as stacks or folders.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Workgroup Manager.
2. Select a user object to manage.
3. Click the Preferences icon.
4. Click the Dock item in the Preferences management view.
5. Select Manage: Once
6. Add some folders to the User’s dock. (For example, /Applications and /Applications/Utilities)
7. Click Apply Now and Done
8. On a managed Leopard machine, log in as the user.
9. Note that the folders now appear in the user’s dock, but…
The newly added dock folder items should behave as Stacks or Folders. Instead, they behave like documents – clicking on them opens them in the Finder, but there is no other folder-like behavior in the Dock (no pop-up menu, no stacks behavior)
In the Preferences Details view in WGM, select com.apple.dock, then Once->Document Tiles->Document Tile->Tile Type and edit the value from “file-tile” to “directory-tile”. This causes the expected behavior in the managed Dock, but causes Workgroup Manager to throw a bunch of assertion errors if you select the Dock in Preferences->Overview view. This may also exhibit undesired behavior with Tiger clients – so test.